Outreach Training Institute awards a limited number of scholarships and income-based financial aid for our CASAC training programs. Highest priority is given to those who apply early. Additional opportunities are offered through a variety of funding partners including the New York State Department of Health and the New York State Education Department ACCES-VR.
All applications for scholarships and financial aid are reviewed by an admissions committee. Submission of financial documents are are required to determine eligibility for income-based partial tuition coverage. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to employment and have the potential for career advancement in the substance abuse treatment field during and beyond their time at Outreach Training Institute.
When any scholarship is awarded, recipients must meet certain requirements to maintain good standing, demonstrating satisfactory progress towards graduation and CASAC credentialing. We also offer monthly installment plans for tuition payment.
Department of Health Scholarships
Available for a limited time only, Outreach Training Institute offers full scholarships to healthcare workers employed in the New York City and Long Island regions. Applicants can qualify for the standard 350-hour CASAC Training Program or the new 135-hour CASAC Training Program, based on education level.
New! Given the volume of frequently asked questions regarding OTI’s Department of Health Scholarship opportunities, we are happy to introduce a new FAQ page. We encourage you to review these to inform your next steps.
To be eligible for the 350-hour CASAC Training Program, candidates:
- Must be an employee at (or recently laid off from) a healthcare setting based in New York City or Long Island who does not possess a credential/license as a Qualified Health Professional (QHP)
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- There are rolling admissions every few weeks for the 350-hour CASAC program, but scholarships are competitive. Apply now!
This program is currently offered at our New York City and Long Island campuses.
To be eligible for the 135-hour CASAC Training Program, candidates:
- Must be an employee at a healthcare setting based in New York City who possesses a Master’s Degree in an eligible behavioral health profession such as social work, mental health counseling, family and marriage therapy, etc.
- Qualifying counties of employment include Queens, Kings, New York, Richmond, and Bronx.
- Our final enrollment date is Wednesday, November 14th and classes are scheduled for Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 9:30pm at our Richmond Hill, Queens campus. *This 135-hour course will not be available after 2018, so apply now!
This program is currently offered at our New York City campus.
Applicants who are eligible and approved for ACCES-VR benefits can attend Outreach Training Institute at no cost. Funding is sponsored by the New York State Education Department, a longtime funding partner with OTI. Following ACCES-VR enrollment, candidates are invited to participate in OTI’s standard admissions process. Contact your local county office for more information. You can also visit the ACCES-VR website here.
Individuals with an annual income not exceeding $24,000 can apply for the Workforce Development Scholarship, which covers 25% of the tuition costs. Monthly installment plans are available to cover the remaining tuition amount. Applicants must demonstrate financial need, commitment to employment in the substance abuse treatment field, and the potential for career advancement in the field, as determined by the Admissions Committee.