May 4th Update: In response to the current health crisis, CASAC Exam Prep will soon be available online. You may submit an application for Exam Prep and will be contacted when the class is scheduled.
Taking the CASAC exam can be a challenging endeavor. Outreach Training Institute (OTI) boosts exam-takers’ confidence with its 21-hour CASAC Exam Preparation Course. Loaded with the tips and strategies needed to conquer the exam, the 21-hour course consists of three sessions designed to help.
OTI’s prep course reflects updates made to the CASAC exam in 2015, including condensing the previous eight domains into four, a focus on new subjects, and the updated criteria from the release of the DSM-V.
Classes are offered at our Queens and Long Island campuses into early 2020. Please review our registration form for details.
A snapshot of the three-day series includes:
Session I: Preparation, Test-taking Skills, and Domain Review
- Test-taking strategies
- Exam structure, format, and rules
- Exam Scoring Information
- Tips on how to prepare
- 50-question simulated exam
Session II: Domain Review
- Domain I: Screening, Assessment, and Engagement (includes DSM-V)
- Domain II: Treatment Planning, Collaboration, and Referrals
- Domain III: Counseling
Session III: Simulated CASAC Exam
- Domain IV: Professional and Ethical Responsibilities
- 150-question simulated exam
- Review of answers with your instructor
- Personalized exam analysis and study plan
- General: $275 for three sessions (or $99 for individual sessions)
- Current OTI Students and Recent Graduates: Free for current students and alumni within 6 months of graduation
- Alumni of Outreach Training Institute: $125 for three sessions (or $50 for individual sessions)
Space is limited and all participants are required to register in advance. Same-day registrations and payments will not be accepted.