Taking the CASAC exam can be a challenging endeavor. Outreach Training Institute (OTI) boosts exam-takers’ confidence with its 21-hour CASAC Exam Preparation Course. Loaded with the tips and strategies needed to conquer the exam, the 21-hour course consists of three sessions designed to help.
OTI’s prep course reflects updates made to the CASAC exam in 2015, including condensing the previous eight domains into four, a focus on new subjects, and the updated criteria from the release of the DSM-V.
Classes are offered at our Queens and Long Island campuses into Spring of 2019. Please review our registration form for details.
A snapshot of the three-day series includes:
Session I: Preparation, Test-taking Skills, and Domain Review
- Test-taking strategies
- Exam structure, format, and rules
- Exam Scoring Information
- Tips on how to prepare
- 50-question simulated exam
Session II: Domain Review
- Domain I: Screening, Assessment, and Engagement (includes DSM-V)
- Domain II: Treatment Planning, Collaboration, and Referrals
- Domain III: Counseling
Session III: Simulated CASAC Exam
- Domain IV: Professional and Ethical Responsibilities
- 150-question simulated exam
- Review of answers with your instructor
- Personalized exam analysis and study plan
- General: $275 for three sessions (or $99 for individual sessions)
- Current OTI Students and Recent Graduates: Free for current students and alumni within 6 months of graduation
- Alumni of Outreach Training Institute: $125 for three sessions (or $50 for individual sessions)
Space is limited and all participants are required to register in advance. Same-day registrations and payments will not be accepted.