Adolescent/Teen Residential Services
New York City teens struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders can rebuild their lives with the help of Outreach’s residential services program – Outreach House I in Ridgewood, Queens, the trailblazing treatment center providing care that meets the unique psychosocial developmental needs of adolescents as young as 12. Through a modified therapeutic community model, Outreach’s residential rehabilitation program for youth integrates positive peer interactions and an organized work structure, with vocational/life skills preparation and reflective introspection, helping prepare young clients for a life of recovery.
Residential specialty services for New York City adolescents and teens, 12-18 years of age, at Outreach House I in Ridgewood, Queens, are holistic and personalized, tailored to fit each client’s unique situation, challenges and needs, including:
- Comprehensive residential care for teens between the ages of 12-18 who struggle with substance use, co-occurring mental health issues, and/or involvement with the courts.• Modified therapeutic community treatment model in a safe and structured environment, enables residents to focus full-time on recovery – intensive, on-site treatment is designed especially to build the knowledge, skills, and self-esteem teens need to live a drug- and alcohol-free life.
- Expert interdisciplinary clinical team delivering individual, group, and family counseling (including services for siblings), vocational and health services, and support services.
- Individualized person-centered treatment, augmented with educational seminars, prevention/health awareness groups, anger management therapy, domestic violence/teen violence workshops, sobriety maintenance activities, health and recreational programs, and toxicology testing.
- Use of evidence-based practices to help youth build the skills needed to succeed during and after treatment, modify high-risk behaviors, promote an age-appropriate sense of personal responsibility and accountability, and enable each teen to recognize his or her own unique capabilities and potential.
- Full-day, on-site New York City Department of Education (DOE) schooling.
- Access to nursing and psychiatric care for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder issues, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), as clinically indicated.
- Comprehensive and compassionate family therapy and services, sensitive to individual family needs and different levels of service required to meet those needs.
- Drug-free and pro-social activities.
- Aftercare program, a specific track for clients who complete residential treatment, designed to sustain gains achieved during the residential phase. Outreach House I’s aftercare program, located at Outreach’s Greenpoint, Brooklyn outpatient facility, provides outpatient counseling for adolescents and their family to ease the transition back to home, district school and community.
Life-changing and life-affirming, at Outreach House I in Ridgewood, Queens, clients can heal, grow, and develop in all life roles – get well, stay well, build a healthy life.