In response to the current health crisis, OTI is offering its CASAC Programs on live video conference via Web-Ex.
Classes in the CASAC programs are scheduled as follows:
· Richmond Hill, Queens Program – T, W, TH: 6:30 – 9:30 pm
· Brentwood, Long Island Program – M, T, W: 6:30 – 9:30 pm
For more information about CASAC programs, please visit the CASAC TRAINING PAGE.
Please click the links below to direct you to parts of the page.
Certified professionals need a reliable resource for continuing education hours (CASAC, SW, MHC, MFT). Outreach Training Institute (OTI) offers dozens of courses to help fulfill your re-credentialing needs. Each of the OTI courses have been approved by New York State OASAS for CASAC renewal and State Education Department for SW, MHC, MFT licenses.
Clinical professionals can earn their re-credentialing hours by participating in select courses within our 30-hour re-credentialing packs or by attending a series of individual Professional Development trainings.
Please see below for the full descriptions of our 30-hour packs along with course descriptions.
To see the full schedule of Outreach Training Institute’s courses from January 2021 to August 2021, please view our OTI Calendar.
To register for a re-credentialing package, please complete our online registration form here.
If you wish to view our stand-alone trainings approved for re-credentialing, please visit our Professional Development page.
Re-Credentialing 30-Hour Packages
Please view the section packs below. Each section has specific courses.
**Please be aware due to the limited space on the form, it only contains the section name (ie. Section 1A, Section 1B) and the dates. The actual course titles do not appear on the form, so please use this page as reference when registering to make sure of the pack/courses you’re selecting.
Section 1A: Knowledge of Substance Use Disorder
- Intro: Overview of Addiction
- Models of Addiction
- Knowledge of 12 Step
- Prevention Education & Tx Modalities
- Social, Political & Cultural Aspects of Addiction
- Diversity of Intervention & Tx
Section 1B: Knowledge of Substance Use Disorder
- Physiological & Pharmacological Effects
- Tobacco & Nicotine Dependence
- Toxicology Testing & Screening
- Intro to Diagnostic Criteria
Section 2A: Counseling Foundations: Individual & Group
- Foundational Skills: Motivational Interviewing
- Introduction to Group Counseling
- Groups in SUD Treatment
Section 2B: Counseling Special Populations
- Counseling Family & Significant Others
- Cultural Competency
- Counseling Special Pops: Domestic Violence
- Counseling Special Pops: Women
- Counseling Special Pops: Trauma
- Counseling Special Pops: LGBTQIA
Section 3: Assessment & Evaluation, Tx Planning & Documentation
- Assessment & Evaluation Screening & Lethality Assessment
- Assessment & Evaluation: The Addiction Severity Index
- Treatment Planning, Client Record Keeping & Discharge Planning
- Case Management & Referral
Section 4: Professional & Ethical Responsibilities
- Counselor-Client Relationship
- Counselor Wellness
- Ethical Decision Making & Conduct
- Confidentiality & Legal Issues
- Professional Development
Re-Credentialing Pricing Options
- General public: can purchase 30 hours of re-credentialing courses, to be used within a year of purchase for $550
- OTI Alum: can purchase 30 hours of re-credentialing courses, to be used within a year of purchase for $395
When registering please review the entire application. Please register early as possible as our courses have limited seating. We appreciate your interest in our program!